11651 Vanowen St.
North Hollywood, CA 91605
Telephone: (818) 503-6200
Fax: (818) 574-5581
SmartAVI, Inc. Releases HDR4x4 and non blocking 4x4 HDMI Matrix Switch
Burbank, CA (December 10, 2008) - Smart-AVI, Inc., a world-leading innovator in the fields of digital signage content creation, management and delivery solutions through hardware and software, is pleased to announce its latest innovation - an HDR 4x4 non blocking switching matrix.
This switch allows users to select one of four HDMI sources to be displayed on four HDMI-enabled displays (HDTV). The HRD4x4 will provide reliable signal delivery from its output source to its required point of delivery.
The HDR4X4 conforms to the HDMI (High Definition Media Interface) standard and provides a connection to view any four HDMI video sources on any combination of four video displays.
The matrix configuration provides maximum flexibility, allowing switching between any high-definition source and /or display. The system works with HD-DVD players, TiVo systems, HT PCs, and satellite set-top boxes that connect to an HDMI display. Users can switch to any source using a single infrared remote control.
Key features and benefits of the HDR 4x4 include:
• Switches four inputs to any four outputs for unmatched design flexibility
• Increases productivity by providing access to four computers from four workstations; 4 HDMI in and 4 HDMI out, with IR Remote Control and RS232 control
• Any source can be displayed on 1, 2, 3 or 4 displays simultaneously
• HDCP and HDMI V1.3 compliant
• Allows up to four HDMI video devices to be independently switched to four HDMI monitors, HDTVs or projectors
• The four outputs can show the same or different source at the same time no matter the source is HDCP or not
• Delivers uncompressed digital video with zero signal loss
• Supports high-definition resolutions 1080p, 1080i, 720p and standard video format
• 2 Switching modes; front panel and IR
• Remote control functions via RS-232 or Ethernet
• The matrix supports 1080i and 1080p high-definition video and is HDMI 1.3b compliant
Applications for Smart-AVI's HDR 4X4 include:
Enables easy access to multiple servers in various locations. Facilitates data sharing among departments and computers.
Safeguards the servers by storing them in a secure and climate-controlled environment while still providing access from the production floor.
Saves in equipment costs, physical space and utilities expenses.
Increases productivity by facilitating testing and performance evaluation of software and equipment, on multiple servers, from a single keyboard mouse and monitor station.
Can be used in multimedia presentations, where the information is transmitted from various computers. For more information about SmartAVI’s HDR 4X4 visit http://www.smartavi.com.
Smart-AVI is a privately-held, world-leading innovator in the fields of digital content creation, management and delivery solutions through hardware and software, based in Burbank, California. Companies that have embraced Smart-AVI’s expertise include: NASA, Boeing, DreamWorks Studios, Johnson & Johnson, United States Army, Procter & Gamble Company, Adobe Systems Incorporated, Bellagio Las Vegas, Lockheed Martin, Monte Carlo Resort and Casino, and Miller Brewing Company.